The Production Supervisor is responsible for overseeing day-to-day production activities of the packaging department as well as auxiliary areas: facilities, sanitation, and warehouse. The Production Supervisor will ensure that products are manufactured safely, efficiently, and on schedule, while adhering to GMP, SOP, and OSHA/safety regulations and standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILTIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. Essential job functions and duties include, but are not limited to:
• Supervising multiple departments and/or shifts (up to 24 hours/5 days per week) in a manner that promotes high standards of work performance in accordance with SOPs, GMPs, quality regulations and safety practices and that promotes employee morale.
• Overseeing the day-to-day productivity and performance of departmental employees.
• Training, coaching, and developing assistant supervisors, leads, and all employees within the department on technical, policy and procedural issues within a basis.
• Assist Quality personnel when necessary with issues related to product quality, batch reconciliation or GMP issues.
• Ensure products meet Company quality standards and specifications.
• Ensure employees follow procedures as described in batch records and that batch records are completed properly and submitted to Quality in a timely manner.
• Oversee investigations when production yields are outside acceptable ranges.
• Attend management-focused training sessions and departmental meetings.
• Assist management with the development and implementation of programs to improve staff efficiency, working abilities, and communication skills.
• Ensure the production schedule is followed, meeting required dates.
• Ensure changeover times and production downtimes are minimal.
• Troubleshoot setup, line optimization, process flow, quality, mechanical, and functional issues that affect the production process.
• Ensure the proper maintenance and cleanliness of production equipment and processing rooms.
• Perform administrative duties such as completing production reports, maintenance records, employee timekeeping, injury/illness reports, etc.
• Measure and report key performance indicators as required by senior management.
• Follow established department SOP’s, cGMP regulations, and batch record instructions.
• Complies with all Company policies and procedures, including safety rules and regulations.
• Maintains a safe work environment and operates in a safe manner.
• Perform other related job duties related to the job, as assigned by management.
Performs a variety of leadership duties and job tasks within assigned department and/or work area, ensuring that all applicable safety laws/regulations, as well as state/federal employment laws that pertain to the position are followed in accordance with Company policies, procedures, standards, and work-rules.
• Supports Company policies, procedures, and work-rules and ensures that department employees comply with policies, standards, and work-rules.
• Assists with interviewing and selection process of new hires for the department, ensuring that non-discriminatory laws and guidelines are followed.
• Provides coaching, guidance, and training to department employees; ensures that employee meets company standards and work expectations as required by job description.
• Reviews safety rules with new department employees, ensuring that Company safety policies and work rules, as well as machinery safety rules and guidelines are understood, before the worker is allowed to operate machinery independently; participates in injury/accident investigations, and completes necessary reports; conducts daily safety inspections of machinery and work area.
• Counsels and disciplines employees, as needed, to ensure compliance with Company policies, standards, and work rules.
• Sets a positive example of leadership to others within the department and throughout the organization; promotes a leadership style that encourages open communication, positive team-building efforts and employee morale.
• Completes 90-Day and thereafter annual employee performance evaluations for all department employees.
• Participates in employee suspension and termination meetings.
• Performs other supervisory and managerial duties as needed/requested by senior management.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, education, and/or abilities required for the job:
• Proficiently read, write and speak in English; bilingual skills (Spanish) a plus.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills & techniques.
• Proficient math skills including SPC.
• Effective planning & organizing skills; ability to handle multiple task/duties.
• Proficient PC skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
• Effective problem-solving skills.
• Proficient knowledge of cGMP’s and OSHA regulations in a regulated industry. Knowledge of pharmaceutical standards is a plus.
• Pro-active leadership skills (team-building, problem-solving, training, and coaching).
• Strong organization skills and ability to effectively prioritize daily workloads in a manufacturing environment
• Proficient inventory management skills.
• Ability and willingness to work late or during weekends as needed.
• Ability to maintain a positive, professional, cooperative demeanor, conduct, and working relationship with peers, management, employees, and other individuals that interact with this position.
• Ability to comply, interpret and support Company policies, procedures, work rules, and protocols.
• Ability to adapt effectively to workplace changes and new job duties/responsibilities.
• Ability to represent the Company in a positive and professional manner at all times.
The appropriate knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position are achievable through the following combination of education, work experience and training:
• High School Diploma or equivalent GED Certificate; and
• Post-Secondary education in a Science or Engineering field or equivalent from an accredited college/university; plus
• 5 to 7 Years Lead/Supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment; or
• Any combination of experience, education, and training that provides the level of knowledge, skills, and experience needed to successfully perform the job.
• Additional training and experience with World Class Manufacturing concepts (Lean, TOC, Six Sigma, TQM, 5S, SPC, SCM, SMED, OEE, TPM, VFM, VSM and JIT) is a strong plus.